Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And We're Back...Again

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. What can I say, life gets busy when you've got an 18-month old. Oh yah, and my mom & sister came to visit! It was great to have them here and show them the island. The great thing about Haida Gwaii is you can always be a tourist, no matter how long you've been here. All you need is an adventurous spirit. I am now showing these beautiful places to my best friend from Newfoundland. So far, we've discovered even more special nooks and crannies. It never ends!

I will post some pictures of the new spots, and how much Noora is enjoying her mother's adventuring. Update: she's joined the Haida dance group! One night she danced her pants off, the next night she drummed and sang for them. It amazes me how many songs she knows, and she even knows the beats. She's pretty special! "A natural, like Donnie Edenshaw", I was told in Masset over the weekend. Ahhh, a proud Mom am I.

I'll post the back issues of the column as well, for all my Nova Scotia fans! Hawa'a again for reading and don't hesitate to send questions! whiteravenreturns@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment