Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ZzZzzZzzz....WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

It's funny how well one can function with so little sleep. Maybe it's a special super power given only to parents...and students. Simply functioning can leave alot to be desired. I feel like I fear I've been turned into a cranky shadow of my normal self. I suppose it doesn't help that when Miss Noora lets us sleep, my precious sleep is scared away by Willie's snoring. Ahh......I think I need my own room, haha. The living room carpet is doing the trick when I need it but I become even crankier when I have to sub out the comfy warm bed for the cold hard floor (but the warm leopard-print blanket helps!). I was quite grateful this morning when Willie got up to grab the munchkin. It's true...misery loves company. I would like to trade in my "being able to function quite well on very little sleep" for his "being able to fall asleep in ten seconds no matter where I am". Maybe it'll come...hopefully!

The reason for the no sleeping has been, you guessed it! Noora! For some reason she has been waking up every three hours or so, no matter how early/late she goes to her crib. She's eating like crazy and my boobs hurt. Hmmmmmm.....sounds like when I wanted to return her at three weeks of age. But she's just so darn cute...and I'll admit, I've become attached, haha. So, the kid stays. I just HOPE she sleeps through the night tonight. I spent my whole day trying to catch up on sleep. Thankfully, so did she (that's what she gets for eating my pancakes this morning).

Even in my cranky, sleep-deprived stupour I have been able to appreciate the beautiful full (or almost full) moon that is shining brilliantly over the ocean tonight. The lights from Sandspit somewhat ruin the view...but it's beautiful, just the same. Yes...this too, shall pass...

Wishing everyone a good night!

~Sidenote:Noora has now started pulling herself forward..quite quickly. The child can go everywhere now! Ahhhhhh....just now she was after the computer cord. Oh my...I need sleep!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah that was a rough night lastnight, but watching Noora crawl forward today made it all worth it :) Tonight was really fun too :) your so full of great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) you're a trooper! go super mom!

    ReplyDelete