Sunday, September 26, 2010

Haaw'a!!

I've had over 20 posts so far! YAY! Well...I should have had more...but moving and such took over for a bit. However, the blog seems to be a success! I have fun writing it and I know of several people who have fun reading it. It's always weird to think there are people I do not know reading my blog. But hey! The more, the merrier! In fact, this post is dedicated to them!

Today I met one of these "unknowns", Josina. She's not a total stranger, however, because Willie has known her for some time, and she teaches his nephew from time to time. I finally met her today when she stopped by to drop off a present! Woohoo for presents! She must have found my blog via Willie's Facebook posts, and I'm glad she did! She brought me several cards and photos of the white raven who lived in Port Clements a few years ago. The cards are beautiful!!! We had a great chat, too. She's a fascinating person who shared my interest in the fin whale found in Miller Creek.

This week I was given several other white raven postcards. WOOO! We visited one of Willie's friends, Barb, so she could meet Noora. In the store she works, I noticed a white raven postcard by the cash register. I wanted to buy it but I figured I'd wait until we were ready to leave. A few minutes later, as I was about to skip over to the grocery store in Charlotte to pick up some ingredients for homemade ketchup (that's right, folks..I'm attempting to make my own as it seems to be Willie's main food group haha), Willie handed several of them to me. Well, he stuffed them down my shirt! I looked at Barb and laughed. I asked how much..she said no charge. I was surprised and so happy! Presents!! Haha. I'm not sure if she's read my blog but she knows of it. So I'm the proud owner of a small collection of White Raven cards.

I'd be interested to see how many other people are reading this blog. I know I have some followers, and some have commented via Facebook, but I'm still curious. I'm curious to see what you think. If you have any questions, or ideas for future posts. Ah, hell, I'm just curious about everything, haha. But that's nothing new!! So please, keep reading and I shall keep writing. Haaw'a, everyone. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. i love reading your blog! I've read every one, and they just keep getting better and betttttter! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see more posts about shamanism and more about your discoveries of the Haida culture, and maybe your thoughts on "closeness" of the houses around here haha.

    ReplyDelete