Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Guess Who's Back?

Yes, it is I...after a very long pause from the world of blogging. Well, it's been about a week, or so, but it feels long. A big part of my absence has been due to technical difficulties. Dear Santa, this year I would like a NetBook so I can write anywhere I want, without distractions, and not worry about the browser freezing because the computer is too slow. Thank you. AHHHHHHHHH!

In the time I have been away, much has happened. I have laughed alot, cried more than I would like, lost more sleep than I believe is fair (thank you, Noora), indulged (yay for Thanksgiving), and started working on a few more grey hairs (thank you, technology and, again, Noora). It's been a busy week and yet, I feel as though I should have had time to blog. Ah, but such is life. As I sit here typing away, Noora is on a cranky rampage which is tugging at the last string of my sanity. Yay! Daddy broke out the new books from the library...

Alright, the highlights of this past week...there have been many, I promise you!

-travelled to Old Masset Thursday and Noora met her Chinni (Willie's father), and several aunts and uncles and even a few cousins! (believe me, there are many more we must meet but there are only so many hours in a day!)

-survived a HUGE storm on Haida Gwaii (Thursday night/Friday night/Saturday night)...Willie's Noni reported 150 km/hr winds in Old Masset Friday night (we drove home in some wicked weather...the car shuddered as soon as the trees tapered off between Tlell and Skidegate!) I believe the winds were around 100 km/hr here in Skidegate...we arrived home only 30 mins or so before the power went off. And no, we had no flashlights or candles so I stuck some birthday candles into potatoes! Thankfully the power came on before the candles had burnt out!

-headed back to Old Masset Friday to have dinner with Willie's father. Noora draws a crowd! There were nine of us for dinner and I had my very first clam fritter..and then half of Willie's. YUM! SO GOOD! Willie's dad shared his recipe...I'll have to try it out some time (of course, like all good chefs, he had no measurements, haha). Willie played basketball with some of his uncles and Noora, his dad and I watched (and talked with Willie's cousin about England..*sigh*).

-made some pies for Thanksgiving dinner Saturday night (including making my own pumpkin puree...not the plan but the Co-op didn't have any canned stuff left...surprise, surprise!). Power went out again...I grumbled and just left them in there til the next morning...stupid power...stupid island storms....

-didn't make it to church Sunday morning as we were still without power. The family was in crisis mode because the turkeys had not been cooked yet...our cleverly planned Thanksgiving lunch would now be moved to dinner...I found out today that church had gone on, even without the power. Hmm...I should have gone to get some hot coffee at least!

-Thanksgiving with Willie's family...CHAOS! Haha, well no, it wasn't that bad at all, really. There were twenty people, five pies (at least, plus two cheesecakes), two turkeys and a ham...and I made fried bread "Timbits" haha. YUM! Everyone left full and in search of stretchy pants. We stayed until late playing Rock Band and the Wii.

-Monday night: Noora fell out of our bed...she has outgrown the "nap in the bed surrounded by many pillow stage" and didn't care to tell us. She was fine and wears a shiner quite well, but I'm not sure my mental state, or Willie's, will survive her childhood...

So there, that's what we've been up to. Busy and sleep-deprived, but enjoying life! I've also realized I can type up a blog post locked away with Willie's computer and then post it later. GENIUS! Why did it take me so long to think of that. Ahh...stay tuned for more...soon...hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. Wow honey I'm so glad you get back to posting I'll do everything i can to allow the free time to blog whenever you like. These are great and I love you. Noora is quite a handful that's for sure but that little picture above makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, i laughed so much throughout this! such a nice lunchtime read! I've been missing your posts. haha, I particularly like your questioning of the stability of your and willie's mental states when noora falls off the bed and such hahaa. ohhh my. I wish I had been there to spend some nice thanksgiving time with you (power or no power) and eat all the tasty food you described! yum!

    ReplyDelete