Thursday, January 20, 2011

Coming Soon...

Well, this is the second time in a row I've been awake to experience the beautiful amber sunrise over the waters of Skidegate. Don't get me wrong...it's such a beautiful sight with the calmness of the water, the burst of colour when the sun does appear (it seems to take longer here..hmmm) and the almost immediate awakening of the seagulls...but I'd rather be asleep, haha. I've heard many times that mothers should sleep when the baby sleeps...well, she's sound asleep with my fiance in the next room and I'm sitting here drinking tea!

There are bonuses to waking up before the rest of the house....fresh bread warm out of the oven, a hot cup of tea, the sunrise, time to write, oh yah...and time to be excited about the upcoming events!!!

Margaret Atwood and her partner Graeme Gibson are coming to the island on February 5, 2011. Ha! Here I'm living in the middle of nowhere...literally...at the edge of Canada, and I get all of these amazing opportunities! They will be reading at the Kaay Center and I will be there! I can't say I'm a huge fan because honestly I have not read anything of hers since high school. I did happen to find her blog and I think I'll keep checking in....she has some really fascinating, although slightly morbid, poems and maybe I'll even try to finish one of her novels before she arrives.

I'm most excited because I've been looking for inspiration...I've been in a rut, I guess you could say. At 25, maybe I'm having a quarter-life crisis (as my sister put it...she's experiencing hers at 20...I guess I'm more optimistic?) I have asked for guidance from God, the Creator, the Universe...whoever is listening really...show me how to be an inspiring, strong, fierce, and independent woman. Well, the answers are slowly trickling in. First I hear of Margaret Atwood coming (she's living inspiration), I have an idea for a little project that I think will help as well, and a few books have found their way to me as well (Rebel Women of Western Canada, and Wild Women). So, ask and ye shall receive?

Well, this will be a short one today because the sleeping beauties have awoken. If anyone has any more inspiration for me, send me an email!

1 comment: